You are here:
For the Marinade
- 6 Pieces of Fish portion cuts
- 1 Tsp of Turmaric
- 1 tsp of Red Chilli Powder
- 3 tsp Mustard oil
For the Paturi
- 4 tbsp Poppy Seeds (Khas Khas, Posto), Soak the poppy seeds in hot water for an hour, this will help in grinding it.
- 5 tbsp Mustard Powder
- 10-12 Whole Green Chilli
- 6-7 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 1 tsp Kalonji (Black Cumin, Nigella)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Tsp Sugar
- Banana Leaves cut into square of 10 inch each (6 pieces required)
- String to tie the banana leaves
- Wash the Fishes and marinate it with Turmaric, Red Chilli Powder, Salt and Mustard Oil, keep it aside for 30 mins.
- Make a Thick fine paste of Poppy Seeds, Mustard powder, 6 Whole Green Chilies, Turmaric, Salt.
- To the past add Kalonji, Sugar, 3 Tbs of Mustard Oil and mix it well.
- Take a Banana Leave pour 1 tsp of the mixture onto the middle of the leave.
- On the mixture put a piece of fish and then 3 tsp more of the misture and make sure that the whole fish is covered with the mixture.
- Put one slit green chilli on the fish and 1/2 tsp of mustard oil on it.
- Fold the Banana Leaf, like making a parcel and tie it with a string. Aluminium foil can also be used in place of Banana Leaves but banana leaves gives a different kind of aroma.
- Similarly tie all the pieces of fish.
- Put all the pieces on a baking tray
- Preheat Oven on 450 Degrees and Bake the fishes for 30 min.
View other recipes
Back to Recipe Page