You are here:
- Fish – 250 gms, boneless, chopped
- Curry Powder – 1 tsp
- Onion – 1, chopped
- Lemon Juice – 1 tblsp
- Eggs – 2
- Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp, chopped
- Oil for deep frying
For White Sauce:
- Butter – 100 gms
- Plain Flour – 3/4 cup
- Milk – 3 cups
- Melt the butter in a pan over low heat.
- Remove the pan from heat and add the flour.
- Stir till smooth.
- Return to the heat and cook for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and gradually pour in the milk.
- Return the pan to the heat and stir till milk boils.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Keep aside.
- Mix the curry powder, lemon juice, onion and coriander leaves with the chopped fish pieces.
- Mix this with the white sauce.
- Spread the mixture on a shallow tray and refrigerate till firm.
- Take a tablespoonful of this mixture and shape into croquettes.
- Dip the croquettes in the beaten eggs and then into the breadcrumbs.
- Keep it in the fridge for 60 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the croquettes till golden brown for a few minutes.
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Serve hot.
View other recipes
Back to Recipe Page